Episode 1.2 In Which Excuses Are Reason Enough. And Visa Versa

When I first thought of embarking upon this Mad Hatter's trail of talking to no one in particular, I read several other people's madness on what writing a blog 'should' be, how it needed to be constructed, attended to, bottle fed, nappies changed...tragically endless.
All very lovely, thank you very much, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
I agree; you do need to know how to type...within reason. There is not a damn thing wrong with hunt-and-peck. Sentence structure is always helpful. A decent, but not necessarily comprehensive, knowledge of the vast, unfathomable Universe of words available to us comes in handy. I live in fear of a good friend who is a linguist. No matter; she currently lives on the other side of the continent. For now.
What I am trying to get at is this. There will be an attempt to make this a somewhat regular 'thing'. I love writing. It has become a passion. And Passion is one of those flighty, itchy things that sometimes seems like a good idea, but then, um.....perhaps not tonight. The regular progress of getting on about things is a goal. But not a promise, because I really hate breaking promises. Try never to do that. Very bad juju.
 But things happen you don't plan--sick cats, toothaches, broken toes. And the occasional yawning, midnight black, smoking abyss of depression, out from which all manner of ungodly things come crawling. You know, minor things like that.
So. At least twice a fortnight, perhaps even more great in number, and grand in scope.
But don't hold me to that.
Once Upona.


Comments

Eileen said…
Nothing to fear. Words are weird, poorly defined things anyway. You do you and I’ll be over here doing science, nbd (no big deal)😋, for at least the next 2 years... who knows what will happen after that 😟😬
I simply use my concept of your knowledge as a Sword of Damocles to keep me in line. And it's a good thing.
Eileen said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eileen said…
I’m gonna be teaching expository writing next semester. If you have questions, just ask.
I had to look up 'expository'. I've fallen in love. "...a discourse designed to convey information, or explain something difficult." Websters Collegiate Dictionary, 1942. The 'something difficult ' is the best bit.

Popular Posts