Episode Unknown.  And Yet More Questions, but a Bit of an Answer


        Claiming yourself as a writer is staring over the cliff of an unknown future. Because what you compose, regardless of what genre it is in, once it's out there, it is no longer yours. It is being ransacked, enjoyed, sniffed at, laughed at, or being drawn to the chest in an embrace. You no longer are in control.                     The hours, days and sometimes years, that you have invested in your characters, your plot, the nuances and all the endless leafing through Roget's Thesaurus are for nothing at this point. Because it's not yours. Anymore. It belongs to the World.

    And the benefit of this? You will hit the mark. Somewhere, with someone, whose heart you touch, who fears you resurrect, who's tear glands you tickle, who's late-night-reading-in-bed brain goes "YES!YES!" This, though unknown to you, is your silent reward. And that's what we strive for so strongly. To engage, humor, entertain and make those little grey cells twitch. For some young kid in Nebraska, an elder woman in a high-rise in a huge city, a friend across town, someone maybe across oceans, to read into the darkness of late night/early morning because they can't NOT turn the next page.

That mark is within your reach. Go for it.


OnceUpona


    

Comments

I cannot tell you how many authors I have to thank for sleepless nights, world's beyond my previous imagination, characters I long to meet. I am always excited to read my friends literary creations (I am blessed with several) and I thank them, even if they can't hear it.

The biggest compliment I could give is my unadulterated attention, my patient (or impatien) wait for the next installment, chapter, novel or sequel.

So thank you for including me in your list of intrepid followers. I am here with open eyes and a receptive heart.

Popular Posts